Posted on: May 27, 2023
The Radiation Therapist applies ionizing radiation to the
patient in accordance with the prescription and instructions of the
- Accurately delivers the planned course of radiation therapy
with minimal supervision. Verifies patient information and prepares
the treatment room and equipment.
- Monitors patient's condition while undergoing treatment,
recognizing signs of treatment complications and alerting the
physician or nurse if needed.
- Explain procedure to patient, means of communication during
treatment, and procedure to follow if emergency arises during
treatment. Reinforce Radiation Oncologist's advice to patient
regarding reactions to treatment and their care.
- Perform quality assurance checks on all treatment plans prior
- Perform image fusion daily on patients treatment (when
applicable), verifying the planned treatment field matches the area
of interest for treatment.
- Perform custom immobilization, through fabrication of patient
specific immobilization devices, to accurately align patients for
daily radiation therapy.
- Follow principles of Radiation protection for patient, self,
- Conduct daily Quality Assurance checks on Radiation delivery
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Melvin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...