Pharmacy Technician- Retail
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Retail Pharmacy Technician works under the direct
supervision of a pharmacist to fill prescriptions, assist patients,
and perform other pharmacy service duties as required.
- Assist pharmacist under direct supervision in the provision of
pharmaceutical care to all patients. Performing technical tasks
such as filling, compounding , reconstitution and labeling
- Enter patient information accurately into pharmacy computer
system, including, but not limited to, patient's address, patient's
phone number, patient's allergies and patient's date of birth.
Enters correct medication information, including, but not limited
to, medications, strength, route, number of refills and physician
- Perform calculations needed for prescription input and
- Correctly identify patient per protocol prior to dispensing
medication. Offers patient counseling by a pharmacist prior to
- Prioritize work to fill prescriptions in order of importance.
Initials Rx labels on all prescriptions.
- Follow department procedures for maintaining drug and supply
- Remove expired medications, rotate stock, clean and organize
assigned areas on a regular basis.
- Perform prescription returns and insurance reversals on a
- Respond to phone call inquires and walk-up service requests,
resolving issues or redirecting them appropriately
- Properly uses department equipment including but not limited to
point of sale equipment, pill counters and vendor software.
- Perform select assigned tasks that may include specialized or
advanced training and/or competency such as facilitating prior
authorizations and advanced insurance/ provider inquires
- Recommends/involved in implementation of efficiency or
- Participation in tasks related to quality assurance monitoring,
data collection and analysis
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Pharmacy Technician- Retail, Hospitality & Tourism , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!