Talent Acquisition Recruiter
Company: Cornerstone Building Brands
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Our US Windows Group is achieving above market growth and our
recruiting team is at the forefront of this work. We are looking
for a high-performing Recruiter that is driven by finding people
with mindsets and skillsets that are aligned with the company's
purpose and values and turning them into topflight contributors -
quickly. We love to create and keep customers and know that
attracting and retaining more than our fair share of great talent
is key to our success. Successful candidates must demonstrate
critical thinking ability, sound judgement, effective
organizational skills, great communication skills, a desire to
help, grace under pressure, and personal resilience. Subject-matter
expertise of applicable employment law is a requirement. This
position reports the Talent Acquisition Manager and is part of the
US Windows Group.THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN PARIS, ILFinding
- Contribute to our culture, including ways of working and
behaviors, that are congruent with our mission, values, and success
- Partner and actively build collaborative relationships with
hiring managers and HR to use qualitative and quantitative
approaches to forecasting labor demand and mix.
- Working with hiring managers and HR to determine which skills,
traits or previous experiences should be prioritized for an open
position and to develop desired recruiting strategies.
- Actively build hourly candidate pools to fill position openings
according to plan.
- Build relationships with Operations, HR, and external partners
to collaboratively build successful hiring strategies to include
marketing campaigns utilizing social media.
- Assist hiring managers in developing appropriate job
descriptions that will attract a well-defined candidate pool.
- Help hiring managers prepare for interviews with job
- Review candidates who have applied via the Applicant Tracking
System (ATS) and evaluate candidate qualifications against position
requirements and determine who to move forward in the recruitment
- Develop and manage recruitment marketing plans or sourcing
plans to determine the most appropriate candidate sources that
align to the search requirements.
- Source candidates via resume databases, search engine and
networking sites using Boolean search language.
- Solicit and pursue referrals from business networks and/or
internal referrals.Engaging Candidates:
- Use an appropriate mix of media to connect with talent
communities (phone, email, social media, etc.).
- Effectively reinforce our employer brand to attract quality
newcomers who align with our culture and will be more likely to
remain with CBB long-term.
- Prepare candidates for interviews, coaching them on logistical
information, interview schedule, appropriate attire, and overall
- Ensure candidates are provided with timely updates concerning
the status of their applications and interviews.Assessing
- Draft and utilize phone interview templates appropriate to the
- Use independent judgement to compare candidate phone interview
notes and skills assessments with position requirements to
determine if the candidate is a match for the role or a potential
match for other open positions.
- Issue skills testing as needed and evaluate results (if process
dictates).Influencing the Hire:
- Keep candidates engaged throughout process, ensuring consistent
communication on the status of the search.
- Partner with hiring leader to determine offer details, using
market data and compensation guidelines to support
- Articulate a job offer to candidate and drive for candidate
acceptance, anticipating and negotiating counteroffers as
- Attend appropriate HR and Operations staff meetings and provide
- Employ continuous improvement through consistent re-assessment
of recruiting plans, methods, tools, and processes
- Understand the external factors that impact the supply of top
talent in local markets.
- Communicate with HR and hiring managers on candidate and new
employee needs throughout the interviewing and onboarding
- Strict adherence to all regulations (OFCCP and all other
compliance standards set forth).
- Work to deliver a strong candidate slate, continuously building
talent pipelines to ensure there are always multiple qualified
candidates in play.
- Provide accurate and regular reporting of recruiting activities
to the hiring leader and TA leadership to depict both metrics and
- Identify perceived difficulties with searches and research and
recommend solutions to both internal and external
- Proactively and regularly communicate the status of each search
to the hiring leader, providing a consultative approach with
recommendations on how to move forward.Qualifications
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, human resources or
related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two or more years' recruiting experience with
demonstrated successes in a corporate, RPO or agency setting.
- Experience using recruitment technologies such as Applicant
Tracking Systems (ATS) and social media tools.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Proficient in Boolean search techniques for sourcing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of common Human Resources principles, practices and
metrics related to talent acquisition.Cornerstone Building Brands
is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North
America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the
residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint
enables us to serve customers and communities across North America.
Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing
commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1
manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels,
metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe
every building we create, and every part of that building,
positively contributes to communities where people live, work and
play.Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer
and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran
status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or
national origin.Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Keywords: Cornerstone Building Brands, Champaign , Talent Acquisition Recruiter, Human Resources , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!