Human Resource Generalist
Company: Stratas Foods
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Human Resource Generalist
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals.
The Human Resource Generalist provides guidance to the facility
that fosters the creation of a positive work environment
- Facilitating fair resolutions to employee relation
- Managing all union interactions
Administer employee handbook; coordinate and administer policies
and programs related to Human Resources
Employee Relations: Determines and recommends employee relations
practices necessary to establish a positive work environment and
promote a sense of fairness and consistency. Offers guidance and
assistance to plant personnel in dealing with day-to-day employee
relations issues. Provides accurate and consistent policy
interpretation and administration.
Union Involvement: Acts as company representative in dealing with
Union issues. Builds positive working relationship with Union
leadership to facilitate business operations. Manages and
coordinates the grievance process. Provides plant with
interpretation of labor agreement contract language. Prepares
company s position for arbitration and contract negotiations.
Recruiting: Manage recruiting process for all exempt, non-exempt
and hourly positions in the facility. This includes meeting with
hiring supervisors and managers to develop a recruiting strategy,
utilization of appropriate recruiting sources, interviewing,
reference checks and scheduling pre-employment drug screens and
Legal Issues: Acts as company liaison in dealing with federal
agencies such as EEOC. Coordinates presentation of Company s
position to this agency with assistance of Sr. HR Manager and legal
Policy Administration: Develops, recommends and implements
personnel policies and procedures. Prepares and maintains employee
handbook of policies and procedures.
Benefit Administration: Manages benefit administration for salaried
and hourly benefit plant working with Corporate HR to ensure timely
resolution of benefit issues. Offers guidance to facility employees
Compensation: Manage wage administration and annual review
New Hire Orientation: Develops and manages new hire orientation
Organization Development: Manages performance management process
and developmental needs of staff. Develops, conducts and/or
coordinates training programs, which address these developmental
Organizational Effectiveness: Manage the experiences of teams and
colleagues to create a supportive and high performance work
Supervising: Supervises the Human Resources Coordinator.
Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems and compliance with organization's policies and applicable
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and
researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers
and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative
- Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates
changes and progress.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains
confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to
- Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits
objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes
feedback; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; effectively influences
actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and
process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates'
activities; make yourself available to staff.
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays
orientation to profitability.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under
pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities;
seeks increased responsibilities.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business or Human Resources Management,
- 3 to 5 years generalist Human Resources experience at the plant
level with HR management experience in a unionized
- Must have hands on experience managing labor
- Advanced level of counseling skills and abilities on a wide
range of employee-related areas.
- Must be able to manage conflict resolutions
- SPHR or PHR preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of
Partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts
- This position will require employee to analyze numerous
situations while utilizing rational reasoning to come to multiple
- The Human Resource Generalist will be located within the
Decatur facility, 100% of the time.
- Must be able to Travel Domestically
- This position will require employees to walk up stairways and
be able to be in the field standing for long periods of time (2 to
4 hours at a time).
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner
prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of
race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national
origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family
status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status,
and any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Champaign , Human Resource Generalist, Human Resources , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!