Business Systems Automation Administrator
Posted on: October 18, 2020
**Remote opportunity for candidates in the Naperville or Creve
Coeur locations** DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports business growth and ROI by understanding current
systems and processes to identify automation opportunities.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current processes
related to business systems, processes, capabilities, and
- Designs and utilizes shell programs, utility scripts, and job
- Collaborate with vendors to fully understand integration
opportunities, scope requirements, and resolve defects.
- Implement, configure and support business systems, products and
- Provide research and recommendations for reports and metrics
which will contribute to the management of productivity and
- Provide productive updates and reports of progress to
stakeholders and management.
- Assist the Business Systems team with resolving problems of a
- Build and maintain a solid understanding of the processing and
business areas of support.
- Assist users in resolving problems and answer questions with
- Assess process needs for re-engineering, delivering innovative
options, automation analysis, solution design, and automation
development and deployment.
- Work closely with Business Systems Analysts and business
stakeholders to understand processes to be automated.
- Configure new automation processes using core workflow
principles which are efficient, well structured, maintainable and
easy to understand.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Identify and communicate technical infrastructure
- Support existing processes and implement change requirements as
part of a structured change control process.
- Monitor and maintain automated processes and scripts to ensure
continued utilization without downtime.
- Collaborate on creation of test procedures and scenarios
- Support teams during UAT and go-live phases.
- Troubleshoot and correct technical issues.
- Perform other technical duties as assigned. EDUCATION and
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years' experience with scripting and automation technologies
and program languages. (Microsoft PowerShell, Jack Henry &
Associates Enterprise Workflow, XML, Visual Basic, and SQL.)
- Business Analyst experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Jack Henry & Associates Enterprise Workflow,
- Ongoing desire to stay current with emerging technologies.
- Requires strong computer skills in Microsoft Windows and
Microsoft Office Suite of products. QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge:
- Strong oral and written communication skills; interact
effortlessly with internal users
- Proven capacity to understand complex business and technical
- Strong organizational skills
- Project implementation and solution engineering experience
- Well versed in Lean and process improvement terminology and
- Understanding of workflow-based logic and the ability to both
interpret a business process from a workflow diagram and to
conceptualize it as an automated solution.
- Experience with building and maintaining databases.
- An understanding of formal change control procedures and
disciplines Ability to:
- Take independent action within established solutions and
develop new procedures and approaches to problems.
- Understand and write Visual Basic, Java, SQL, and XML
- Take initiative, be creative, flexible, and have the ability to
adapt to a changing environment.
- Perform duties and make decisions under time constraints.
- Learn new or complex material quickly and readily transfer to
- Articulate issues, plans, risks, etc. in a way which
facilitates timely decision making
- Escalate issues appropriately
- Present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business standards,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
stakeholders and senior managers.
- Successfully deliver and support process and system
configuration and scripting type technologies.
- Quickly learn and rapidly progress from theoretical exercises
to real-world delivery.
- Handle multiple responsibilities and projects
- Complete complex work requests and projects in an effective and
timely manner with little supervision. EOE of
Keywords: Busey, Champaign , Business Systems Automation Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!