Director of Software Development
Company: Communications Data Group Inc
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Description: Job SummaryThe Director of Software Development
will lead the development efforts on our current web-based Telecom
BSS/OSS solution and assist us in transforming our application to a
cutting-edge cloud native solution. This team is responsible for
technical design, development and maintenance of full stack
solutions that serve dozens of telecom operators in the US and
Canada. We are looking for a passionate individual that can
effectively coach and lead our current software development team
with a focus on transformation and rapid application
development.Must perform duties with a high degree of skill,
aptitude, confidentiality, and professionalism.Key Responsibilities
- Manage a team of onsite, remote, and offshore software
- Consults with management regarding project specifics,
- Strong background in agile methodologies and ability to mentor
others in their use.
- Work closely with PMO, product owners, vendor partners, and
technical leads to influence scope and priorities for product
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the business long term
goals and strategy and ensure that designs are aligned with
- Mentor and coach software development staff
- Provide courteous, responsive service to our
- Assume a leadership role in ensuring on-time, high quality
delivery of products through the entire SDLC. Requirements: Job
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
Engineering, Math, or Physical Science.
- 3+ years of experience developing across a full stack,
including client/server interaction, databases, and CI/CD
- Deep understanding of modern deployment and development
infrastructure: CI/CD, unit and end-to-end testing, and
- Strong communication skills to delivery highly relevant and
effective information to the executives and employees.
- Must be comfortable talking with customers
- Proactive mindset to drive change, question assumptions and
push for innovation solutions.
- 2+ years of direct management experience of onsite and offsite
- At least 4 years' building and leading software development
- At least 4 years' experience in developing scalable web
applications and architectural standards.
- Experience transforming legacy applications to cloud
native/microservices a plus.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, AWS, Serverless, Kubernetes,
- Telecommunications industry experience a plus. Associate or
bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or
Keywords: Communications Data Group Inc, Champaign , Director of Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!