Posted on: September 16, 2023
At Smartz Inc, we rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve
the many challenges and puzzles that come with our rapidly evolving
technical stack. We are seeking a full stack engineer who is ready
to work with new technologies and architectures in a
forward-thinking organization that's always pushing boundaries.
Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects
across the entire stack. Our ideal candidate has experience
building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web
frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back-end languages.
You'll be joining a small team working at the forefront of new
technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front end
and back-end architecture, and ultimately, delivering amazing
global user experiences.About UsSmartz was founded in June of 2021
by Dr. Kevin Wan who has been a successful entrepreneur in the
smart home industry for more than 10 years. Our team at Smartz
wants to disrupt the PropTech Industry by providing advanced AI
software that is compatible with industry leading smart home
devices and will provide property owners and tenants with an
all-in-one solution to all of their property management needs.Our
team uses the latest mobile technologies for all features of Smartz
apps, which include live video streaming/recording, motion/sound
alerts, AI powered object detection, video access sharing
functions, etc. We always strive to develop innovative features to
create secure and smart device management experiences for our users
and business partners.Benefits and Compensation
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Retirement and savings plan with company match
- Robust paid time off package
- Paid Company Holidays Job TypeFull-time(Champaign,IL) Job
- Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing database
- Assisting database development teams in designing new database
programs that meet the organization's data storage needs.
- Monitoring databases and related systems to ensure optimized
- Writing new support programs and scripts to increase data
- Reviewing database and user reports, as well as system
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and
programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Mentoring database administrators and providing them with
- Adhering to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and
- Documenting processes related to database design,
configuration, and performance.
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database
engineering.Technical Skills Requirements
- Applicable licensing, certification, and registration.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in database engineering.
- n-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and NoSQL
- Extensive experience with database technologies and
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.Experience &
- Bachelor's Degree in information systems, information
technology, computer science, or similar.
- Experience in building enterprise applications
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Unit/integration testing experience.
- Good problem-solving skills and strong attention to
detail.Smartz's commitment of diversity and inclusion is one we
strive to continuously cultivate. We aim to provide everyone
regardless of identity a space where they can grow and feel seen as
a person first. These are more than just words to us; they are
guidelines for how we build and foster our team, our leaders, and
the core culture of our company. We are also an equal opportunity
employer that does not discriminate on the basis of any protected
attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any
other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with the
law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and
employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental
health or physical disability needs.As a part of our commitment to
health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health
and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may
include sharing information in the company's HRM system, regular
testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks.
Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public
Keywords: Smartz, Champaign , Database Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!