Posted on: November 7, 2019
Job ID: 76434
Required Travel :No Travel
Managerial - No
Who are we?
If you're a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more
connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital
revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications
networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial
services, billing and operational support systems, we are
continually evolving our business to help you become more
connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube,
message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you
get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at
the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants
such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them
create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used
in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for software systems design, development, modification,
debugging and maintenance, as well as software solutions
integration, deployment and production support.
What will your job look like?
- You will design, develop, modify, debug and maintain software
code according to functional, non-functional and technical design
- You will deploy and integrate Amdocs solutions into the
customer telecom network, working directly with customers and 3rd
- You will support customer functional and non-functional testing
activities, providing technical expertise on Amdocs products and
telco standards (LTE, 3G, SS7, Diameter)
- You will work closely with off-shore and on-shore Amdocs teams
while troubleshooting and investigating issues
- You will support production systems for critical customers 24/7
in weekly shifts (on-call duty)
- You will deliver trainings and functional overviews about
Amdocs products to the customers and internal teams.
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code,
provide fixes and workarounds, and review changes for operability
to maintain existing software solutions.
- You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through
participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and
suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve
- You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards,
applicable software development methodology and release processes,
to ensure code is maintainable, scalable , supportable and demo the
software products to stakeholders
- You will assume technical accountability for your specific work
products within an application and provide technical support during
solution design for new requirements.
- You will be encouraged to actively look for continuous
improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
All you need is...
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or
- 3+ years of experience in writing software code on
- 2-3 years of knowledge in Unix/Linux
- Good knowledge in Object Oriented Design and
- Knowledge of telecom domain, network and protocols (Diameter
and SS7 is a must)
- Experience in maintaining complex distributed systems
- Experience in DB operations and troubleshooting from
- Application Server maintenance and troubleshooting
- SLEE technology knowledge
- OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of main principles of online
- Experience in development of 5x9 highly-available solutions
- JVM performance tuning and optimization to support telco grade
- Knowledge of main principles of 5G, IoT is a plus
- Experience with troubleshooting techniques and tools for telco
applications and protocols
- Customer facing experience
- Be able to work independently in solving / investigating
- Be able to advocate for Amdocs systems / solutions while
working on issue resolution with other application teams and
vendors, collecting and providing evidences based on specification,
industry standards, traces and platform logs.
Why you will love this job:
- You will be part of the talented team, working on challenging
- You will have the opportunity to learn the industry most recent
- You will be challenged to develop non-standard solutions for
continuously evolving environments and standards
- You will have the opportunity for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Keywords: Amdocs, Champaign , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!