Healthcare Tech/CNA - Oncology
Company: Carle Foundation Hospital
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the
smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers,
cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered
Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as
outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital
signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily
living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Perform delegated tasks such as: obtaining vital signs, glucose
monitoring, hygiene care, ambulation, repositioning patients,
sending lab samples.
- Perform purposeful hourly rounding on assigned patients while
marking initials on white board upon exiting patient room.
- Provide emotional support to patients and family members
- Document patient care delivery per unit expectations/pass chart
audit with no more than 2 deficits
- Assist with bone marrow aspirations as needed with
- Complete delegated tasks in a timely manner and report any
abnormal findings to the RN as soon as possible.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Health Care
Technician (HCT) functions as a support to the licensed nursing
staff and performs activities related to the personal care and
hygiene needs of an assigned patient group. Facilitates
communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical
staff and employees. Serves as a public relations liaison for the
unit. Works under the direct supervision of the nursing
Keywords: Carle Foundation Hospital, Champaign , Healthcare Tech/CNA - Oncology, Other , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!