LPN - Convenient Care
Posted on: July 22, 2021
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assumes responsibilities for
direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a
registered nurse (RN) or other provider in patient care
departments. Provides nursing services to patients and families in
accordance with the LPN scope of practice as defined by the
Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Provide direct nursing care to patients under the supervision
of a registered nurse, midlevel provider or physician. Nursing care
is guided by the provider orders and the nursing plan of care
within the LPN scope of practice.
- Reports patient response to care to registered nurse or other
provider for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Administer medications: orally, rectally, intramuscular and
- Assist providers with procedures such as vaginal exams, suture
and staple placement, and incision and drainage.
- Member of the Code Team
- Work in basket result notes.
- Preceptor for new staff.
- Cleaning and preparing instruments for sterilization.
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, vital signs and medication
reconciliation upon arrival for a patient visit.
- Telephone Interactions: As directed, completing necessary
telephone communications with patients, families, pharmacies,
and/or other health care facilities. Gathering information and
maintaining patient information via telephone per department
specific processes and policies.
- Will use the approved Telephone Triage books with oversight of
Registered Nurse or provider.
- Office procedures as directed and per department specific
competencies. May perform procedures such as suture or staple
removal, application or removal of one step splints at
the direction of a provider, crutch training, Catheterizations, IV
hydration therapy after attending class and with competency ,
reading results of TB skin test.
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Obtain vitals and collect data for patients to be seen by
- Perform waiting room and exam room rounding.
- Collect and process specimens correctly.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , LPN - Convenient Care, Other , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!