RN - Triage - Home Care Bloomington
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Responsibilities include the coordination and provision of
direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process to meet
the physical, psychosocial, environmental, and spiritual needs of
Carle Home Services specific patient populations and families
throughout the geographical area. Telephonically triages incoming
home care and hospice calls using the nursing process. RN will
assess, evaluate, prioritize, and manage patients' symptoms,
treatments and health concerns based on level of urgency and follow
established home services guidelines for symptom management. Call
the assigned home services staff when a home visit is necessary and
provide report of care. Provide home visits as necessary.
- Establishes nursing standards, assesses health needs, and plans
and evaluates care with patients who have complex health
- Uses specialized knowledge and skills for patient care
- Serves as resource within the organization and/or
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Primarily provides telehealth triage for acute needs of home
care and hospice patient populations for the Carle
- Follows established protocols for symptom management
- Documents all patient/family care clearly, concisely and timely
in accordance with established policies and procedures, state and
federal regulations and Accrediting Organization accreditation
- Participates in the QA/QI process for Carle Hospice as assigned
and as appropriate.
- Meets with leadership team on a regular basis to report trends
and to further develop program.
- Attends all home services staff meetings
- Collaborates with both home care and hospice staff either by
phone or email regarding patient care issues.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , RN - Triage - Home Care Bloomington, Other , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!