Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Family Practice
Location: De Land
Posted on: September 16, 2021
The Certified Medical Assistant / Registered Medical Assistant
maintains department patient care supplies, ensures timely flow of
patients, and assists physicians and nurses to provide optimal care
to patients and families.
- Perform a variety of routine direct patient care duties to
assist medical and nursing staff in the examination and treatment
- Maintains patient care environment and supplies to ensure
patient privacy and safety.
- Consistently provides a higher level of direct care as defined
by department. Examples include: injections, ear washes, suture
removal, basic dressing changes, application and instruction in the
use of medical supplies.
- Office procedures as directed and per department specific
competencies. May perform procedures such as, suture or staple
removal, reading results of negative TB skin tests or steering
patient to the care of a department nurse when TB screening appears
to have indications of a positive read, and other diagnostic
testing at the point of care.
- Ensures charges captured on services delivered.
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, family history, social history,
surgical history, and medication reconciliation upon arrival for a
- Telephone Interactions: As directed, completing necessary
telephone communications with patients, families, pharmacies,
and/or other health care facilities. Gathering information and
maintaining patient information via telephone per department
specific processes and policies.
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, prior
authorizations, scheduling appointments, verification of benefits,
and coordination of referrals and testing.
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
- Administer injections and medications per the provider
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Notify patients of refills and documents
actions within the EMR per provider orders.
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Assist insupporting residents in the expected relationships of
nurse and physician.
- Responsible for rooming and collecting vitals of patients.
- Assist with procedures and point of care.
- Responsible for the disinfection of medical equipment
- Assist with training and precepting new MA and CMA.
- Responsible for assisting nurse visits: BP checks, injections
and first prenatal visits.
- Responsible for Rx refills and responses and normal lab
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Family Practice, Other , De Land, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!