Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Occupational Medicine
Posted on: October 14, 2021
The Certified Medical Assistant / Registered Medical Assistant
performs routine administrative and patient care support duties in
a medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the
examination and treatment of patients and ensures that the office
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, family history, social history,
surgical history, and medication reconciliation upon arrival for a
- Telephone Interactions: As directed, completing necessary
telephone communications with patients, families, pharmacies,
and/or other health care facilities. Gathering information and
maintaining patient information via telephone per department
specific processes and policies.
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to, patient
check in or check out, prior authorizations, scheduling
appointments, verification of benefits, and coordination of
referrals and testing.
- Office procedures as directed and per department specific
competencies. May perform procedures such as urine
catheterizations, bladder scanning, suture or staple removal,
application or removal of casts at the direction of a provider,
reading results of negative TB skin tests or steering patient to
the care of a department nurse when TB screening appears to have
indications of a positive read, and other diagnostic testing at the
point of care.
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
provider. CMA staff may retrieve and provide condition specific
education from the internet, internal website, or printed materials
per the provider directions and orders.
- Administer medications per the provider order.
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Maintain department specific competencies related to point of
care testing, equipment handling, and specialty training.
- Provides Patient Care:
- Accurately measures and records height, weight & vital signs
(temp, pulse, respiration, BP).
- Completes medication reconciliation.
- Administers Vaccinations.
- Assists providers with procedures and treatment.
- Performs audiometry, spirometry, respiratory mask fits, EKGs
- Performs ear washes and dressing changes.
- Performs drug and alcohol testing according to state and
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides support to nursing staff.
- Maintains Patient Care Environment:
- Orders, receives and stores supplies.
- Cleans and stocks exam rooms and procedure rooms.
- Maintain par level of supplies.
- Maintain Expiration Log of supplies and medications.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Occupational Medicine, Other , Gifford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!