Speech Pathologist (Acute Rehab, PRN)
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Evaluates and treats patients of all ages. Serves as a role
model in delivery of professional services and as a clinical
resource for staff and students.
- Collects case history information and integrates information
from patients, family, caregivers, teachers, relevant others, and
other professionals. Selects and administers appropriate evaluation
procedures to meet patient needs. Recognizes the needs, values,
preferred mode of communication, and cultural/linguistic background
of the patient, family, caregivers and relevant others.
- Conducts assessment procedures for speech and language
pathology. Selects or develops and uses appropriate materials and
instrumentation for prevention and intervention.
- Develops and implements a setting appropriate plan of care with
measurable and achievable goals that meet patients need.
Collaborates with patients and relevant others in the planning
- Interprets, integrates, and synthesizes all information to
develop a treatment plan and make appropriate recommendations for
- Evaluates and implements intervention plans utilizing
activities that designed to improve the functional and emotional
needs of the patient/family. Modifies approach in response to
patient behavior and performance.
- Utilizes standardized outcomes measures/testing and
instrumental evaluations in a uniform manner to ensure functional
performance is accurately reflected.
- Completes documentation in accordance with regulatory and
- Collaborates with patient, family and significant others
throughout the rehabilitation process and provides education/family
training as necessary.
- Clearly communicates patient performance, change in status,
activity/diet recommendations, with the medical team and makes
appropriate recommendations for the next level of care.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Speech Pathologist (Acute Rehab, PRN), Other , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!