Posted on: October 15, 2021
Performs registration functions in an effective and efficient
manner to enhance coding, billing and case coordination efforts.
Makes appropriate independent decisions that require assessment,
reasoning and resolution regarding financial requirements to assure
appropriate reimbursement for both the patient and the hospital.
Performs prior authorizations for patients admission/surgeries to
ensure reimbursement for services and participates in denials
management activities. Interprets and applies hospital policies
regarding financial resources and arrangements. Uses exquisite
customer service skills when handling patient
- Accurately explains and completes registration and admitting
forms. Obtains signatures from patients and policyholders. Explains
and gets patient signatures for Consents, Assignment of Benefits,
ABN's and Notice of Non Coverage forms.
- Communicates detailed information clearly, concisely, actively,
and in a timely manner.
- Completes Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) form in accordance
with Medicare laws. Follows up on necessary information.
- Interpretsinsurance coverage and benefits to patients.
- Interviews and identifies patients with the potential for
financial hardship and/or without third-party coverage and works
with the patient for resolution. Provide essential information
regarding Carle's Financial AssistanceProgram or payment
- Obtains, updates and verifies patient demographics, insurance
and co-pays and Primary Physicians.
- Performs chart management duties proficiently by ordering,
sending, and receiving charts when necessary. Creates new clinic
charts and medical record numbers for new patients.
- Performs insurance eligibility verification by using Nebo for
payer information when possible. Understands terms and information
listed on Nebo reports.
- Performs prior authorizations for patients admission/surgeries
to ensure reimbursement for services and participates in denials
- Receives and posts co-payments as identified by third-party
payers or patient insurance cards. Maintains cash drawers and
balances according to procedures.
- Registers all patients at each visit utilizing established
policies for the capture of complete and up-to-date patient and
- Reviews, analyzes, and communicates registration errors to HRC
management for quality improvement. Strives 5% or less error
- Scans all required patient information into software systems so
that information is retrievable and accessible by hospital
- Understands, reviews and explains Patient Rights &
Responsibilities, Notice of Privacy, and other pertinent admitting
information to the patient and/or family member.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Registration Specialist, Other , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!