Company: AGCO Corp.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Assembler assembles and packages parts, hardware, and
materials to complete products or assemblies.
* Follow required safety and work procedures including standards,
blueprints and/or wiring diagrams.
* Utilize hand tools and pneumatic tools to assemble, wire and
install components and assemblies.
* Pack boxes and crates with various component parts.
* Release/request material from internal sources and perform any
material replenishment to retrieve, pick and move stock
* Assemble and package parts, hardware and materials to complete
products or assemblies at a level of output that minimizes
* Utilize quality checks to ensure all systems are set for correct
operational sequencing and to meet product standards.
* Operate low level machinery (i.e. spot welders, drill presses,
small presses, rivet machines, etc.)
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards.
* Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual
compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
Employee/temporary employee responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
* Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their
* Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any
* Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including
mobile equipment or property damage.
* Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
High school diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
* Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
* Basic computer skills.
* Understanding of how to use hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches,
wire strippers, crimpers, etc.), power tools (i.e. heat gun,
cordless drill, cordless screwdrivers, amp meters, etc.), and
pneumatic tools (i.e. stapler, nail gun, impact gun, rivet gun,
etc.) as well as the ability to read blueprints and a tape
* Ability to read, write and use basic math skills (addition,
subtraction, multiplication and division).
* Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to follow precise
* Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers and
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near
large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety
of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40 -F to
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job
functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl and frequently required to use hands and fingers to
handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be
able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye
protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves,
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GSI is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to
maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful
conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected
group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Decatur
Job Segment: Assembly, Temporary, Quality Manager, Compliance,
Manufacturing, Contract, Quality, Legal
Keywords: AGCO Corp., Champaign , Assembler, Other , Paris, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!