R&D Aerosol Chemist
Company: Beauty Quest Group
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB TITLE: R&D Aerosol ChemistREPORTS TO: Director of
R&DJOB SUMMARY: An experienced Aerosol Chemist with a minimum 5
years laboratory experience in an Aerosol Cosmetic Laboratory.
Rantoul, IL 61866Company Information:
- Located near Champaign-Urbana, IL
- New ownership-well established with over 30 years of excellent
service and experience
- Inclusive, high quality and progressive brand and contract
- Over $100 million annual revenues and growing
- Leading integrated manufacturer and marketer of branded and
private label hair care, color and styling products to professional
salons and specialty retailers.
- Clients include Aquage, RUSK and One 'n Only, as well as
private label brands for leading retailers.This is an excellent
opportunity with a growing company that offers attractive
compensation and benefitsWhat the Company Offers You:
- Numerous opportunities for advancement
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- New hire orientation, continuous learning and development
programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and PTOFormulation:
- Be able to work completely independently after projects are
- Defines daily job duties and schedules tasks to accomplish
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and changing
priorities and timelines.
- Become familiar with skin and hair care technologies
(surfactant systems, gels, emulsions, serums) in order to be able
to make cosmetic products.
- Be familiar with hair care technologies (mousses, hairsprays,
spray wax, conditioners, dry shampoos) in order to make
- Become familiar with ways to process these technologies and
evaluate their functional effect.
- Be able to reverse engineer aerosol products (valves,
actuators, cans, concentrate, propellant, and
concentrate/propellant ration) in order to duplicate the
- Be familiar with the safe filling of aerosol products.
- Be familiar with the safe use of aerosol filling
- Be familiar with the various components of aerosol products
(cans, valves, actuators, concentrate, etc.) and how they interact
to produce the final product.
- Be able to manipulate the components to optimize the
- Be able to access formulations through supplier information,
websites or literature.
- Monitor stability of experimental formulas for 3 months at 25
and 50 C to predict product shelf life.
- Once customer approves a formula for production, provide bulk
for: QC standard, fill weight, sales samples.Raw Material/Supplier:
- Communicate with raw material manufacturers to identify new
materials, improve formulation understanding, check availability
and clarify information for QC and purchasing.
- Provide COA and MSDS to QC for new raw materials, assist in
obtaining such information for existing ones as needed, for R&D
- Communicate with valve manufacturers to improve function or
troubleshoot problems.Process Scale-up /Manufacturing:
- Provide component specifications and drawings to Incoming
- Provide technical specifications (fill weights, crimp depths
and diameters, stem heights, vacuum, stem heights, hot tank
temperature) to Incoming Quality Control.
- Write manufacturing procedure, batch specifications, and
finished product specifications.
- Participate in pilot scale-up and first manufacturing to insure
- Communicate process changes, improvements of each scale-up to
revise, optimize the manufacturing procedures.
- Provide technical support/assistance for customer complaints
and aerosol line production issuesCommunication:
- Document all laboratory experiments; enter formulas into
computer database, procedures and specification
- Advise sales of timing to complete projects, especially in
cases of delays.Laboratory Housekeeping:
- Maintain a safe lab bench area.Fp4R3bdk0u
Keywords: Beauty Quest Group, Champaign , R&D Aerosol Chemist, Other , Rantoul, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!