Business Property Associate
Company: Christensen Farms
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Looking for an exciting career in housing management?
Christensen Farms is looking to add a member to our team to help
administrate and manage our employee housing initiatives throughout
our company. This position would be based out our our Kansas, IL
office. An ideal candidate would be someone with previous property
management, real estate or leasing experience.
Christensen Farms is one of the largest, family-owned pork
producers in the United States, marketing approximately 3.6 million
hogs per year. Headquartered in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, the company
operates throughout the Midwest with facilities in Minnesota, Iowa,
Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota. Christensen Farms owns three
feed mills, manages 143,000 sows on 44 farms, and oversees more
than 350 nurseries and grow-finish sites. The company employees
nearly 1,000 people and maintains 1,500 contract partnerships.
The company is vertically integrated with a strong presence across
the pork value chain - from farm to fork. Christensen Farms is the
largest shareholder of Triumph Foods LLC, a producer-owned primary
pork processing plant in St. Joseph, Missouri. In turn, Triumph
Food members own 50 percent of Daily's Premium Meats, a specialty
pork processor bacon and other premium pork products. Triumph Foods
also holds a 50 percent partnership in Seaboard Triumph Foods, LLC
of Sioux City, Iowa, a primary pork processing plant.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
This position is accountable for implementation of the employee
housing program. An individual in this role will successfully
oversee the check in and checkout of employees to housing, being a
resource to tenants with local needs, and ensuring monthly
inspections are completed to keep property compliant with local,
state, and federal ordinances/codes and functional condition.
Major Areas of Accountability:
* Coordinate with Talent Acquisition Team on arrival and move in
dates for tenants.
* Ensure property is properly furnished, property locks/keys are
ready and functional, and has appropriate amount of household
* Complete move-in/move-out process with tenants to ensure property
is in functional order and document items that will need to be
repaired/replaced and review security deposit returns.
* Provide transportation for groceries and other local needs to
ensure tenants are set up properly within the community.
* Supervise and respond appropriately to tenant's needs.
* Schedule third party vendors to provide services to properties
including but not limited to; inspections, maintenance, repairs,
* Ensure properties conform to state, county and local health,
safety and land use regulations.
* Implement safety and security policies and procedures related to
CF owned and leased facilities and properties.
* Review SOP with tenants on how to operate and care for the
equipment within the property along with how to report needed
* Create long-term and short-term property development and
* Generate timely file memos related to property related
* Create and manage work orders for all the properties with
* Maintain current knowledge of the county and state ordinances,
regulations and codes in regions where CF is active.
* Actively participate as a member of Business Development Team
providing leadership and guidance to other CF departments regarding
* Offer quality internal and external customer service.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
* Minimum formal education required: AA, BS, or BA degree with a
management-based major is preferred.
* Minimum number of years of prior job experience required: 2 year
minimum of progressive and varied business management in real
estate, sales, contract negotiation, finance and/or marketing
* Additional skills required:
* Ensure ethical and honest representation of Christensen Farms
* Self-motivated with an ability to apply independent judgment in
contract/lease and real estate negotiations.
* Ability to act responsibly in a fast-paced, changing
* Must be highly organized with ability to multitask and set weekly
schedules to progress company objectives.
* Strong interpersonal skills including being comfortable and
proficient at conflict resolution.
* Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and
demonstrate adequate computer skills to communicate
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills in maintaining year-round
program and administrative facilities.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
to meet goals and objectives.
* Although not essential, bi-lingual skills are a plus.
Keywords: Christensen Farms, Champaign , Business Property Associate, Other , Kansas, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!