Community Reinvestment Act Mortgage Loan Officer
Company: First Mid Bank & Trust
Posted on: June 24, 2022
This position is responsible for producing a high volume of good
quality consumer real estate loans with a focus of participating in
Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) lending activities. CRA activities
include being responsible for community outreach in our low to
moderate income (LMI) areas, majority-minority area (MMA)
communities.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Originate mortgage loans to achieve production goals.
- Self-source loans through established referral partners,
community organizations, housing agencies, local business leaders,
realtors, and other referral sources.
- Interviews loan applicants explaining various loan options,
rates, terms, and collateral requirements to select the program
that best fits their financial goals and needs.
- Produce required disclosures and collect documents needed to
satisfy loan underwriting conditions.
- Conducts loan closings. Ensures all documents are appropriately
signed and all underwriting conditions are met. When necessary,
takes all steps necessary to perfect the Bank's lien position.
- Promote home ownership focusing on properties located in LMI &
MMA census tracts.
- Coordinate and conduct home-buying training seminars for
potential CRA and multicultural origination mortgage
- Partner with community, non-profit and government agencies
focused on affordable housing programs or minority
- Disburse funds on construction and home improvements loans in
accordance with Bank guidelines.
- Manage individual loan portfolio.
- Cross-sell bank products and services in a professional
- Completed required training associated with job function.
- Performs other related duties as
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with additional specialized
training in retail lending and or CRA activities.
- Must be active in the local community (member of local boards,
chambers, or organizations, etc.).
- Must register and maintain a status in good standing under the
SAFE Act requirements.Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of loan products and services.
- High level of interpersonal skills to interact with customers
and potential customers in a professional manner.
- High level of analytical skills to conduct loan analysis and
maintain loan's progress in consideration of market trends,
credit/interest rates, economic conditions, and other factors.
- Adequate knowledge of policies and procedures and the
respective state and federal laws and regulations.
- The individual must illustrate the ability to multitask and to
prioritize issues that arise.First Mid Bancshares, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other
applicable federal or state-protected classification.THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Keywords: First Mid Bank & Trust, Champaign , Community Reinvestment Act Mortgage Loan Officer, Other , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!