CT Tech Weekend Program
Posted on: June 24, 2022
$5,000 sign on bonus and$2,500 relocation with 1 or more years
of experience (for greater than 50 miles)* --External Applicants
only Weekend incentive/differentialTo provide diagnostic Computed
Tomography Services to inpatients, outpatients, and Emergency
Department patients under the direction of the supervising
radiologist in accordance with established operating procedures and
clinical protocols. To provide safe, prompt, efficient, and cost
effective CT Services
- Use correct technical factors in accordance with the American
College of Radiology (ACR) to use the lowest amount of radiation to
get a diagnostic scan.
- Performs CT angiography, 3D, MIPS, VR, Vessel Analysis, and
MPRs, post processing of computer data to enhance exams for
radiologist interpretation, using reconstruction software
appropriate to the pathology or region of interest.
- Follows correct CT Department Technologist workflow ( select
correct scan room, identifies and documents two forms of
identification on each patient, acquire history, verify orders,
scan patient, send images to PACS, scan all paperwork and data
sheets (eg. history sheet, med-reconciliation sheets), complete the
case in Meditech, address Q A issues, charge for contrast media and
supplies, Verify that all images, series and data sheets have been
sent to PACS make sure the number of images is correct, verify
exams with images and archive images on scanner
- Operates support equipment for CT such as: Independent
workstation, pressure injector, PACS and Epic system.
- Initiates IV for administration of contrast media for CT in
accordance with department policy and utilizing standard
- Prepares patient for exams by explaining procedure and by
encouraging questions and answering any questions the patient may
- Works with radiologist in the tailoring of protocols to meet
patient exam requirements.
- Positions patients correctly, using proper immobilization
- Performs optimal scans using correct technical factors,
shielding and protocols, based on the patient diagnosis, history
and other relevant clinical information.
- Refers difficult complaints or sensitive issues to department
- Obtains and documents, confidential history (eg. lab values -
BUN/Creatinine, allergy screening, surgical and dialysis history,
etc), from patient, EMR or family member, to ensure the
appropriateness of the exam as well as administration of contrast
- Accountable for documentation of and charging for supplies used
during the performance of exams or procedures.
- Documents any allergic reaction, iv extravasations or unusual
occurences. Initiates incident report regarding staff or patient
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , CT Tech Weekend Program, Other , Cayuga, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!