RN - Home Care
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Home Care Field RN is a professional caregiver who is a member
of the interdisciplinary team. Responsibilities include the
coordination and provision of direct and indirect patient care
using the nursing process to meet the physical, psychosocial,
environmental, and spiritual needs of Carle Home Services specific
patient populations and families throughout the geographical
Associate's Degree in Nursing or Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Driver's License upon
hire and Proof of Auto Insurance upon hire.
One (1) Healthcare/Medical - Nursing General
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing
education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Ability to work as a member of interdisciplinary team. Drives
reliable transportation and maintains state required insurance and
Illinois Drivers license in good standing. Current CPR.
- Demonstrates understanding of Medicare Home Care benefits
including covered services, recertifications, transfers, and
non-recertifications. Follows regulatory requirements regarding
- Comprehends department specific indicators.
- Performs case management activities of assessment,
coordination, planning, monitoring, implementation, and evaluation.
Interacts with clients, caregivers and families to assess, plan
care, arrange services, monitor, and provide support and
- Consistently completes all admission documentation within
- Returns admission documents to office complete and in a timely
manner (according to policy).
- Completes required OASIS/485 changes within 24 hours of
- Completes visits notes and telephone conversations records and
transmitted timely according to policy (includes physician orders,
admission, routine, supervisory, telephone and discharge
- Ensures Physician Orders are written timely, corrections to
care plans are entered and transmitted according to time line.
- Reviews verbal orders with MD office, written and evidenced as
read-back, completed immediately and transmitted within time frame
established by policy. Once documented and transmitted orders are
never changed. Ensures patient visit string(s) are added to the
record to make sure visits are not missed.
- Ensures proper acronym is evident on all physician orders.
- Completes Home Health Aide supervisory visits.
- Acts as the coordinator of the health care team in order to
maintain the proper linkages within the continuum of care.
- Collaboratively communicates and initiates case conferencing as
necessary and documents interacts (other disciplines, MD, care
coordinator, insurers, etc.). Communicates pertinent information
for patient care conferences on all admits done by him/her.
- Practices in a manner sensitive to the needs of patients and
families. Provides care according to plan of care and orders.
- Directs the activities of the licensed practical nurse.
- Makes home health aide assignments, prepare written
instructions for the aide and supervises the aide in the patient
- Demonstrates adequate knowledge of State and Federal regulatory
and accreditation guidelines which is evidenced by daily
- Perform OASIS assessments for admissions, recertifications,
resumptions and discharges.
- Performs complex wound care including wound vacs, packing,
removal of staples or sutures.
- Monitors central lines including PICC and Hickman catheters and
performs dressing changes per agency protocol.
- Accesses mediports for IV infusion and/or blood draws and
flushes per agency protocol.
- Performs case management for patients assigned to her/his case
- Communicates with MD per phone or electronically regarding
patient updates and condition changes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted. With an approved exemption,
healthcare workers must do weekly testing and verify a negative
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , RN - Home Care, Other , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!