Addiction Counselor - Evenings - Sign on Bonus! - Located in Champaign, IL
Company: Rosecrance Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Sign on bonus available!
- $3,000 for non-license
- $4,000 for 1st or 2nd level license
Position Purpose: Provide continuity of program services in an
ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic
environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and
accreditation standards. Participate as an addiction counselor in
the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their
families and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily
living situations. -Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary
addiction treatment team to assist clients in reaching -treatment
plan -goals. Some case management involved. Must be able to work
1-2 evenings per week. Must have -valid drivers license and car
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
--- Master's Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or
related field (second level license required for Therapist
--- Demonstrated education, training or experience in the criminal
--- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required
documentation within the time frames prescribed
--- Skilled in conducting individual, family and group
--- Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients,
parents, staff or community resources
--- Certified Addictions counselor or be certified within 12
--- CPR or complete within three months
1. Work hours prescribed by the Coordinator and any additional
hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for
3. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational
sessions for patients and/or family members.
4. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent
with rules and regulations.
5. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions,
therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
6. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families,
employees and community groups.
7. Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court
appearances on behalf of Rosecrance' clients.
8. Serve as a member of the addiction counselors clinical team and
participate in all team meetings and activities.
9. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and
with the framework of the law.
10. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every
11. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers
and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing
12. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting rate for Bachelors - $21.11/hour
- Starting rate for Masters - $24.44/hour
- Additional $.50/hour with CADC certification
- Health insurance with multiple options to meet your
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer
- Group life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: 10 hour shifts
- Scheduled: Mon - Thu, 10a - 8:30p (can also flex to include a
Work Location: Rosecrance Walnut St - Champaign, IL
Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally
recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health
disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With
nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our
physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary,
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare
leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and
provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery.
Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: ExperiencePreferred
- Experience in counseling and case management important.
Demonstrated experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary
team essential. EducationRequired
- Bachelors or betterPreferred
- Masters or better in Counseling or related field
- Masters or better in Psychology or related field
- Masters Social Work or better in Social Work or related
- Masters or better in Criminology & Criminal Justice or related
fieldLicenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done wellMotivationsRequired
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
Keywords: Rosecrance Inc., Champaign , Addiction Counselor - Evenings - Sign on Bonus! - Located in Champaign, IL, Other , Gifford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!