Posted on: November 26, 2022
$5,000.00 Sign on bonus
Performs general, OB and some vascular Ultrasound. May also perform
breast Ultrasound. Maintains working knowledge of all Radiology and
General Vascular U/S exams and procedures. Assists with the
training of new staff.
- Performs routine and complex sonography imaging by acquiring
and processing patient exams in accordance with standard procedures
- Selects proper sonography protocols and techniques to obtain
optimal data. Reviews cases with the radiologist when appropriate.
Reviews labs and patient history to perform correct exam.
- Responsible to review radiology orders for completeness and
accuracy. Reviews patient history and supporting clinical data for
medical necessity. Takes steps to acquire additional information if
needed from the patient, ordering provider and/or Radiologist.
- Transfers and verifies image data in PACS and other digital and
reporting systems providing necessary medical history and
information for Radiologist interpretation.
- Responsible for maintaining imaging equipment and workplace
environment including maintaining supply inventories and
orderliness of work area. Recognizes malfunctions and service needs
and reports service needs in a timely manner.
- Ensures patient, visitor, and environmental safety. Reports
safety events immediately including those that are a near
- Assists in instruction of students and new staff as necessary.
May perform duties of Sonographer Lead or Imaging Coordinator in
- May be required to perform duties of other modalities within
the department to which licensers are held by the
- Complies with other job descriptions of cross-trained
modalities also performed within the department.
Keywords: CARLE, Champaign , Ultrasound Technologist, Other , Paris, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!