Security Officer II
Company: Elanco Animal Health Incorporated
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers
innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and
farm animals around the world because we believe making animals'
lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided
solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to
advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life.
Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive
culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging
ownership, growth and well-being.Position Description:Clinton Labs'
Emergency Services Department is responsible for ownership and
administration of Asset protection, Loss Prevention, Life Safety
Systems and Emergency Response for Clinton Laboratories. Positions
within this department include Emergency Services Coordinator and
Emergency Services Officer. This position provides the primary
Asset protection and emergency services function for the plant.
Asset protection services include perimeter checks, surveillance,
physical checks, traffic management and access control. Emergency
services responsibilities include fire, spill & release mitigation,
confined space rescue, and medical response.This position will
offer a one-time sign-on bonus of $2,500!Basic Minimum
- High School/GED
- Current or prior participation on an emergency response team
(Fire Brigade/Hazmat - Elanco or external) is required and will be
considered in candidate selection.
- Site and/or Elanco approved emergency response training must be
taken as soon as possible in the disciplines of Hazmat,
Firefighting, Confined Space Rescue, and Emergency Medical Service.
Annual refresher training is required.
- FF 1 & 2
- Hazmat Awe/Ops
- EMT-BRequired Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: position requires use of several common
computer business applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email,
calendaring and computerized procedure systems.)
- Well-organized, self-starter, ability to problem solve.
- Be able to train others and develop meaningful scenarios.
- Represent the company in a professional and courteous manner to
all employees, guests, and contractors.
- Facilitate customer business processes by understanding company
policies and business needs.
- The ability to make and execute prioritized decisions
protecting life safety, the environment, and site assets (in that
order) under high stress conditions, under an incident command
structure, is required.
- Must pass ERT Medical Panel and quantitative fit test for
- State of Indiana Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B or higher)
or certification thru National Registry of Emergency Medical
- State of Indiana Firefighter I/II or International Fire Service
Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) Firefighter I/II
- State of Indiana Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations
or International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) Hazmat
1st Responder Awareness/Operations. Must obtain State of Indiana
Hazardous Materials Technician or International fire Service
Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) Hazmat Technician within 2 years of
accepting job offer.Additional Preferences:
- Possess demonstrated leadership ability - either in emergency
response and/or in another leadership capacity ("step-up"
- Ability to serve as Incident Commander within the site incident
command systemFunctions, Duties, Tasks:Emergency Services Normal
- Primary interface with all visitors, employees, contractors,
delivery or other service personnel.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly tasks and inspections
- Conduct Indiana Dept of Homeland Security Asset protection
- Processes incoming traffic/deliveries
- Makes clear, concise Plant announcements via E.A. System.
- Must maintain confidential/sensitive information.
- Must be available and willing to work extensive overtime to
adequately staff department.
- Process incoming phone calls courteously and
- Function as an instructor/leader during training of emergency
- Be able to professionally confront individuals violating site
policies for which Emergency Services are responsible.Emergency
Services Special Operations (some dependent upon DHS threat levels)
- May have to conduct search of all vehicles entering plant.
- May have to conduct bomb searches.
- May be required to escort individual (employee, visitor, and
contractor) from plant.
- May be required to monitor severe weather from mobile
- Provide primary response to all fires, spills, rescues, and
- Operate in the role of emergency response team Incident
commander and Operational division Chief during emergencies and
- Develop proficiency in operating and training on all emergency
response and asset protection equipment including fire trucks,
ambulance and patient assessment tools, radios, environmental
monitors, fire and haz mat PPE, rescue rigs and extraction tools,
supplied air, alarm systems, scales, intrusion detection,
- Assure a safe environment for training the ERT, during actual
or simulated responses, and in all daily departmental
- Participate in pre-emergency planning and assist in the
implementation of the emergency plans with building
- Participate in Process Hazard Reviews, as necessary.
- Primary resource for monitoring and communicating severe
weather in site vicinity.
- Explains Plant Safety policies to visitors, contractors,
etc.Loss Prevention Support
- Assist with PMs and other testing of the fire protection and
life safety systems (alarms and announcement systems).Project Team
- Own or support departmental projects as assigned.
- Interface with Maintenance, Loss Prevention, HSE, Procurement,
contractors, and third parties relating to emergency services/asset
protection systems.Process Improvement
- Assist in procedure reviews and improvements to departmental
- Use personal expertise and experience to assist department in
- Attend required or mandatory training to maintain minimum
certifications and higher-level expertise, as determined by the
departmental training team and regulations.Other Information:
- Emergency response situations or departmental staffing needs
may necessitate overtime after normal business hours and on
- Individual will be required to work holidays (as scheduled) and
- This position requires incumbent to download designated
emergency response app. and respond, if possible, to emergency
- Some travel (overnight or out of town) may be necessary for
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- May be required to complete a criminal background check and
drug testing as per Elanco procedures.
- Person must be able to work in a variety of industrial
environments, including production areas that may involve the
presence of allergens.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam (POE), Completion of Work
Simulation (SIM) or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if
- Work hours are 4:45 - 17:00 on fixed A, B, C, & D rotating
shifts. The particular shift (A, B, C, D) for this position has not
yet been determined and after training you will go straight days or
night depending on business need and seniority.
- The amount of Overtime (OT) varies by area (department) and
individual role. It is neither consistent nor regular. It will
fluctuate between 0% to more than 20% over the calendar year.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed
in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing
sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status)
for this employment position.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be an all in-inclusive list of
responsibilities.#LI-MNLNNotification of Drug testing and
Background ChecksElanco conducts urinalysis drug testing as a
mandatory part of its pre-employment application and background
check process after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment
by an applicant. The drug testing will be conducted by a certified
laboratory/testing service selected by Elanco, in accordance with
the procedures required by applicable state and federal law.
Additionally, Elanco requires successful completion of a urinalysis
drug test if it has reasonable suspicion that an employee is under
the influence of drugs or alcohol which adversely affects or could
adversely affect the employee's job performance as allowed by
applicable law. Tested applicants will be given a copy of any
positive test result. All test results shall be considered
confidential and shall not be disclosed by Elanco, other than to
those persons for whom such disclosure is necessary. Positive test
results, or a refusal to consent to and participate in
pre-employment drug testing, shall be grounds for denial of
employment. Cooperation in scheduling the testing is important for
processing an application for employment. By signing your
acceptance to an offer of employment, you consent to be drug tested
and acknowledge you have thoroughly read the foregoing notice and
policy, and you understand and agree that in order to be considered
for employment with Elanco, you will be required to comply with
Elanco's drug testing policy. Elanco's background check
requirements also include but are not limited to an acceptable
criminal background check, educational verification, job history
verification and motor vehicle report (if required to drive a
company vehicle). If appropriate for the role, as outlined on the
job posting, successful completion of Post Offer Exam, Work
Simulation and/or Administrative Skills Testing may also be
required.Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
Keywords: Elanco Animal Health Incorporated, Champaign , Security Officer II, Other , Clinton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!