Radiologic Technologist - Heart & Vascular
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Registered Radiologic Technologist is a professional care giver
who assumes responsibility of patients for a designated time frame
and to provide care, specifically in the Heart & Vascular
Institute. The patient population consists of those requiring an
invasive cardiology or invasive radiology study. The Registered
Radiologic echnologist will assist the physician in all procedures
and provide a valuable service to the patient and theteam.
Associates Radiologic Technology
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and Illinois
Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) Illinois and Basic Life Support
(BLS). ACLS within 1 year of hire
preferreder previous Radiology Technology experience but will
train. preferreder procedure setting.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Capacity to learn and retain information regarding patient care and
procedures. Ability to communicateeffectively, follow directions,
and complete detailed work accurately. Demonstrates compassion and
caring indealing with others. Manual dexterity to handle small
- Administers contrast material (when applicable), according to
physician's request, by means of existing IV line or by performing
venipuncture and placing IV line; recognizes and responds to
hypersensitivity or allergic reactions.
- All functions and duties will be under the direct supervision
of a physicist or dosimetrist.
- Assists with inventory/supplies.
- Checks for correct patient and chart identification, diagnosis,
and treatment position.
- Compiles pertinent clinical information pertaining to lab,
- Assists in instruction of new staff as necessary.
- Documents accurately and completely.
- Explains procedure to patient and provides for patient care-
including comfort, support, safety, and confidentiality.
- Performs all essential functions of the Radiologic
- Performs on call duties and/or work variable shifts as assigned
to meet department needs.
- Able to work around and maintain a sterile field during
- Administers and with holds contrast and treatment as
appropriate. Assess patients for allergies.
- Can pull supplies for procedures.
- Takes call in within 6 months.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Radiologic Technologist - Heart & Vascular, Other , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!