Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Serves as Contract Administrator and Buyer for Carle departments.
Performs cross referencing and data analysis to compare offerings
from vendors to maximize national, regional and local pricing
agreements for sourcing medical/surgical supplies and equipment for
the organization. Work closely with Inventory Coordinators to
maintain perpetual inventories. Maximize savings opportunities by
serving as functional reference for Value Analysis Initiatives.
Bachelors Related Field or Five (5) years experience in purchasing
or related field accepted in lieu of education
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Maintains up-to-date supply and equipment contract files, and
reviews such to determine utilization and cost benefit.
- Investigates and resolves all incorrect billings, deliveries or
other discrepancies, working closely with Accounts Payable,
Receiving and outside Vendors.
- Completes materials management system requisitions for
non-stock supplies and inventory items as needed. Interacts with
outside vendors to negotiate and coordinate purchase and
consignment agreements for Surgical Services.
- Prepares and analyzes usage reports in response to management
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of
policies and procedures for inventory systems.
- Responsible for implementing cost and inventory management
initiatives in order to decrease overall costs.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with group purchasing
contracts and utilizing them to their fullest potential.
- Handles product recalls according to policy/procedure.
- Works closely with Inventory Coordinators to ensure proper
levels of supplies are replenished and on-hand at all times.
- Develops interpersonal communications with nursing and medical
staff on the status and review of present items, inventory levels,
and requests for new equipment or products for purpose of
- Keeps management informed of problems, changes and other
pertinent information concerning inventory or other potential
- Works closely with ERP system specialist on revisions,
additions and deletions of inventory items.
- Serves as a member of the appropriate Value Analysis Team for
evaluation of supply requirements.
- Facilitates product conversions with Value Analysis
Coordinator, physicians and nursing to ensure a smooth transition.
This includes scheduling trials, in-services and logistical
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Buyer, Other , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!