Posted on: January 23, 2023
A family-owned manufacturer is searching for an experienced CNC
Machinist to join their team! Great benefits and a fantastic work
environment with long-term growth opportunities.
CNC Machinist Responsibilities:
- Setup and operate CNC Mills and CNC Lathes
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Maintain strict tolerances of within .0005 plus or minus.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints,
engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings
- Create product blueprints and drawings with detailed GD&T
specifications for products and tooling designs.
- Ability to design jigs, fixtures, multi-part holdings and
templates to assist with production efficiency.
- Write programs using a CAM software on a computer
- Works with and assists Engineer Department with first run of
parts and prototypes.
- Set up and run prototype parts on CNC machines.
- Performs QA on first part and then periodically during run
using calipers, height gauge, micrometers, depth gauges and gauge
- Detect defects and checks for adherence to blueprint
specifications. Reports defective materials, tooling, equipment, or
questionable conditions to management.
- Closely monitor machines to prevent malfunctions or waste.
- Effective utilization of speeds and feeds to get the max life
from tools while making quality parts.
- Using Macro's to set alarms on CNC machines.
- Make routine repair on machines using manual or past knowledge
- Performs all assigned machine shop operations.
CNC Machinist Qualifications:
- 5+ years of CNC machining
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely
- Ability to write and edit programs manually.
- Strong programming, problem solving, mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of setting up and running a cell environment.
- Leadership and organizational skills to meet daily demands for
- Strong working knowledge of tool offsets, speeds, and feeds for
cutting various materials
- Estimate time and materials for machine jobs, strong time
APPLY NOW - Please submit an updated resume for consideration .
**Manufacturing Companies**Contact Dylan Prout
firstname.lastname@example.org for your hiring needs.
#CNC #manufacturing #programming #mechanical #industrial #covington
#kentucky #hiring #machinist #fabrication
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: Gpac, Champaign , CNC Machinist, Other , Covington, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!