Ophthalmic Assistant - Eye Department
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Ophthalmic Assistant is an unlicensed health professional who
maintains department patient care supplies, ensures timely flow of
patients, and assists physicians and nurses with patient screening,
diagnostic testing, exams and in-office procedures. Demonstrates
strong customer service skills and compassion and caring in dealing
High School Diploma OR Equivalent
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS). Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
must be obtained within thirty (30) days of start date in position.
Medical Terminology must be obtained within one (1) year of start
date in position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Capacity to learn and retain information regarding patient care
procedures. Strong customer service skills; self motivated and
- Completes initial patient screening. Documents pertinent
patient information in EMR.
- Performs ophthalmic diagnostic testing and related tasks/duties
using applicable equipment and methodology.
- Assists physicians and/or nursing staff with various procedures
using appropriate techniques.
- Assists nurses with patient communication through the EMR
- Maintains patient care environment and supplies to ensure
patient privacy and safety.
- Gathers medical records and patient information
- Performs Visual acuity screening
- Performs Ophthalmic preliminary and diagnostic tests
- Assists with in-office procedures
- Maintains and cleans ophthalmic instruments
- Instills eye drops
- Assist with patient scheduling
- Assist with training of other Ophthalmic Assistants
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Ophthalmic Assistant - Eye Department, Other , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!