Company: Tanisha Systems
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Title: DSS Support Specialist
Location : Danville, IL 61834
As a member of the On Site Service (OSS) team associate will
provides quality support with a high degree of customer service,
technical expertise and timeliness. This position has frequent
contact with users, peers and managers through telephone support
(help desk) and field support (service requests and on site problem
resolution). Works in a team environment to resolve customer
problems and supports other members of the Desktop Services
department in providing customer support. Provide hands-on support
to other IT teams including but not limited to Network Services,
Business Applications, client teams.
- Minimum of 2 years technical experience in providing Field
Support which includes:
- PC hardware repair (Dell/Client/Lenovo)
- Windows system support
- OS X Support
- Software installation/troubleshooting
- Performing Technology Refresh
- Mobile device support (iOS/iPhone/iPads) excluding warranty
- Networking related like switches, physical servers like
swapping hard drives or providing hands and feet support during
outage or maintenance
- Asset tracking
- Stock room management including shelfing and repair
- Basic support in Video conferencing equipment
- Must have experience in working with third party client managed
- Experience in Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application
Management. ( iOS and Android )
- Hands on Experience in server side maintenance like upgrading
and patching activities.
- Candidate should have knowledge over MS Access, ServiceNow, Sql
- Experience in working on Intune and Blackberry UEM.
- General Core Competencies to be considered when hiring:
- Customer focused Customer oriented approach is #1
- Personal accountability for results and owning on
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- High integrity
- Through on documentation during email communication or working
on updating tickets for tracking
- Candidate has a professional appearance (i.e. grooming,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, resolves and responds to complex questions received
via telephone calls or escalations, and provides support on
services in accordance with current standards. Follows up with user
to ensure problem is resolved satisfactorily.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of relevant product offerings,
current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order
to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Develops and provides technical coaching and mentoring to other
desktop services staff and company associates.
- May act as product liaison for major products, working with
other areas of IT, other departments and third-party vendors to
solve technical issues as needed.
- Installs new or upgraded hardware/software as assigned via
service requests. Coordinates installation with the user and
follows up to insure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to manually lift up to thirty (30) pounds when
moving and repositioning personal computers and ancillary
- Provide accurate and timely logging of customer incidents and
tasks to meet agreed upon service levels.
- Demonstrate initiative and act independently to resolve
- Participate as a member of the rotating IT on-call team that
provides 24 hour support to internal customers, not all sites
require on-call participation.
- Participate in team projects as requested.
- Flexible in working off business hours in case there is a
business requirement on ad hoc basis during project
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical degree with 3 years of technical experience; or high
school diploma/GED with 5 years of technical experience.
- Minimal 3 years of experience in hardware, software and
networking implementation and troubleshooting in a Helpdesk or
Deskside Support environment.
- Must possess established customer service skills through 3
years of professional customer service experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on
projects to completion.
- Ability to work with customers and achieve successful outcomes
in handling difficult situations.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety
of customers by phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Capability to work effectively as a team member, as well as
independently on multiple projects.
Keywords: Tanisha Systems, Champaign , Desktop Support, Other , Danville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!