Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Performs registration functions in an effective and efficient
manner to enhance coding, billing and case coordination efforts.
Makes appropriate independent decisions that require assessment,
reasoning and resolution regarding financial requirements to assure
appropriate reimbursement for both the patient and the hospital.
Performs prior authorizations for patients admission/surgeries to
ensure reimbursement for services and participates in denials
management activities. Interprets and applies hospital policies
regarding financial resources and arrangements. Uses exquisite
customer service skills when handling patient
Associate's Degree in Related Field or Experience in Lieu of
Education - One (1) year of relevant business, healthcare or
finance work experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Business Services or Financial Services. Customer service, handling
difficult situations with customers/patients, medical/hospital
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Keyboarding ability required. Deals effectively with stressful
situations and maintains composure at all times. Ability to
prioritize and multi-task for long periods of time. Insurance
knowledge and basic understanding.
- Accurately explains and completes registration and admitting
forms. Obtains signatures from patients and policyholders. Explains
and gets patient signatures for Consents, Assignment of Benefits,
ABN's and Notice of Non Coverage forms.
- Communicates detailed information clearly, concisely, actively,
and in a timely manner.
- Completes Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) form in accordance
with Medicare laws. Follows up on necessary information.
- Interpretsinsurance coverage and benefits to patients.
- Interviews and identifies patients with the potential for
financial hardship and/or without third-party coverage and works
with the patient for resolution. Provide essential information
regarding Carle's Financial AssistanceProgram or payment
- Obtains, updates and verifies patient demographics, insurance
and co-pays and Primary Physicians.
- Performs chart management duties proficiently by ordering,
sending, and receiving charts when necessary. Creates new clinic
charts and medical record numbers for new patients.
- Performs insurance eligibility verification by using Nebo for
payer information when possible. Understands terms and information
listed on Nebo reports.
- Performs prior authorizations for patients admission/surgeries
to ensure reimbursement for services and participates in denials
- Receives and posts co-payments as identified by third-party
payers or patient insurance cards. Maintains cash drawers and
balances according to procedures.
- Registers all patients at each visit utilizing established
policies for the capture of complete and up-to-date patient and
- Reviews, analyzes, and communicates registration errors to HRC
management for quality improvement. Strives 5% or less error
- Scans all required patient information into software systems so
that information is retrievable and accessible by hospital
- Understands, reviews and explains Patient Rights &
Responsibilities, Notice of Privacy, and other pertinent admitting
information to the patient and/or family member.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Registration Specialist, Other , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!