Company: CGB Enterprises, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can
contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally,
and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative
and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries.
Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and
nearly 2,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of
businesses that provide an array of services for producers and
logistics services for an international base of customers. The
combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is
celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!
This job is primarily responsible for originating grain purchases
from growers while promoting company products and services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, determining
customer requirements, executing contracts and agreements, and
resolving customer related issues.
In this job, you will:
- Originate grain purchases from growers; work with origination
staff to maximize commercial and producer origination thru team
communication and execution.
- Conduct annual farm/business visits for all major
- Add new business accounts to manage/service.
- Document new accounts and track success.
- Work with manager and others to analyze three year handle
information on all producer/commercial accounts assigned to
evaluate customer market share and growth/retention.
- Identify accounts that are underperforming and develop a
marketing strategy to correct.
- Execute and manage contract including signing and execution of
terms, conditions and delivery.
- Review facility and region profit and loss statements; discuss
findings and ideas/issues with Facility Manager and Commercial
- Receive in-bound calls and assist the other buying groups in
servicing the facility's customer base.
- Gather, review, and contribute commodity market analysis and
information in support of location/ regional position.
- Input customer information into the CRM product.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll need to be considered:
Required - Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and
Preferred - Master's degree in Agricultural business.
Required - 3 years' experience in trading, logistics, or related
Preferred - Prior contract negotiation and grain industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Diverse knowledge of how the company generates revenue and
creates profitability and an advanced understanding of the
intricacies of our customers' businesses and functionality of their
- Knowledge of grain merchandising, facility cost structures, mix
and blend analysis, carry, interest, freight, FOB and CIF
marketing/sales, as well as a basic knowledge of facility
- Working knowledge or ability to learn contract negotiations and
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and
outside the organization.
- Strong decision making, negotiation, and conflict management
- Contract and customer management skills; including ability to
relay accurate information concerning contract balances and
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, with ability
to remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Ability to take direction and willingness to assist where
needed and take on new tasks.
- Ability to read/analyze domestic and global industry
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team
Here's additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of
force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg
controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for
sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is
rated for light work.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels
with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information
through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an
activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading;
visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or
operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement
devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to
The work environment described here are meant to be representative
of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the
essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work inside where
there are limited extremes to heat and/or cold; moderate noise; a
normal office environment.
Travel, up to 10% travel to assigned producers in assigned
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB?
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB
Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an
outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions,
medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability
benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays,
vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community
involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the
Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts
with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and
with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from
third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any
contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third
party will cancel any future business relationships between the
third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.
Keywords: CGB Enterprises, Inc., Champaign , Grain Merchant, Other , Homer, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!