Operating Room Aide
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Assists the Surgical Team in Intraoperative Care of the
perioperative patient. Responsible for OR room set-up, turnover,
cleaning and handling of instruments, supplies and preparation of
room by obtaining equipment, case carts and opening of supplies.
Assists with patient transportation and obtains patient beds as
necessary. Performs housekeeping duties between cases when
required. Handles specimens and any errands as necessary. Stocks,
cleans, and maintains the supplies, machines, and equipment used by
the anesthesiologists, CRNAs, and Operating Room Staff in the
hospital operating rooms.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS)
CNA or previous housekeeping experience preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Some computer skills. Surgical Consents/Patient readiness for
surgery Autoclave Testing Cleaning after an C-Diff, aerosolizing or
Covid procedures Proper handling of formalin and cleanup procedures
if a formalin spill should occur.
- Job Function of ORA crosses roles of HCT, SPD Tech, Patient
Transport, and EVS Staff.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventories of supplies and
materials; receive, move and stock supplies and materials in
accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Clean, sterilize and assemble instruments, supplies and
equipment required for procedures.
- Maintain accurate inventory of products.
- Assists with skin prep of surgical site by holding limbs,
demonstrating aseptic technique. Demonstrates aseptic technique
while opening supplies.
- Cleans/disinfects surgical suite, including housekeeping
functions: Cleaning of all horizonal surfaces, Cleaning of high
touch areas as dieifined by AORN. Cleans floor using a proper
detergent disinfectant and removes organic debris and trash.
Removes soiled linen, trash and suction canisters.
- Transports patients to and from OR, which includes obtaining
bed/cart and transferring of patient.
- Cut foam for positioning
- Cut nonsterile tubing for suctioning
- Fill and Stock formalin containers
- Transport patients to and from Operating Room
- Decontaminate and Sterilize instruments and instruments sets as
- Move case carts to proper location prior to and following
- Hold patient limbs for preping
- Help transfer patient from bed/cart to OR table and OR table to
- Maintain Oxygen and other gases storage used in the OR
- Stock and maintain substerile areas
- Monitor Refrigerator and Warmer temps
- Perform required autoclave testing per policy
- Cycle and Trouble shoot Neptune Suction Equipement as
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Operating Room Aide, Other , Urbana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!