Transportation Clerk (Payroll)
Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: November 22, 2021
US3090 Sygma Illinois, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an operations position responsible for performing clerical
duties within the transportation department including maintaining
all regulatory compliance as required by the Department of
- Gather, organize and process driver daily paperwork, logs,
manifest, vehicle inspection, etc.
- Answer phones, route calls and take messages.
- Research operation challenges, order supplies, liaison between
office and operations
- Respond to delivery associate issues and provide support for a
- Process inbound freight paperwork weekly.
- Primary contact for any inbound freight issues.
- Run daily reports for operations supervisors (i.e.
observations, vehicle tracking, etc.)
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by supervision or
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of prior customer service experience preferred.
- 2 years' distribution/transportation experience in a high
volume, route delivery operation preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that meets the
company's insurability standards.
- Strong leadership, analytical and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in Windows operating system and utilizing Excel and
- Understanding of Manpower scheduling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job
include close vision and distance vision.
In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail
confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In
the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Champaign , Transportation Clerk (Payroll), Professions , Danville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!