Posted on: November 23, 2021
Located in Pontiac, ILYou'll find all sorts of advantages to
joining the Mediacom family. If you enjoy technology and serving
your community, you'll love Mediacom. Along with that rewarding
feeling, you'll be given the Power to Succeed in your career while
enjoying ongoing training and a generous benefits package designed
to be flexible and relevant to your needs.GENERAL
RESPONSIBILITIES:As a Broadband Specialist I (Field Technician),
you will be primarily focused on new installations of our cable
television and broadband services. You'll drive a company van, go
into customer homes, and represent Mediacom every day to our
customers. You'll also learn and perform a variety of duties
including installation, changes of service, additional outlet
installation, disconnection of service, payment collection, and any
special requests customers may have regarding
installation.BENEFITS:You'll get formal training, company vehicle,
company uniforms, tools, netbook, cell phone, health, dental,
vision, generous discounts on services, education reimbursement,
401(k) with company match, pay increases through self-guided study
and more!Note: If this isn't the job for you, maybe you know
someone who'd love it? Send them this job link!SPECIFIC
- Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior)
complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in
both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired
- Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay
disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters;
performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
- Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture
delivered following installation of cable service.
- Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand
- Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job
- Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by
- Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds
and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors
on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances;
installs tap-off devices.
- Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap
and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and
carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within
limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
- Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for
"open" or "short" on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
- Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
- Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they
pertain to customers.
- Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses
bucket truck. Proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
- Generate additional company revenue through effective sales
techniques and by offering information about product options, sales
campaigns and promotions.
- Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked
out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as
- Entry level; 0 to 18 months experience.
- High school diploma or GED required; trade school training
- Valid driver's license; satisfactory driving record
- General level of mechanical and consumer devices
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers and
- Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings,
weekends, holidays and overtime as required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strenuous - Physical effort represented by frequent handling of
heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand
tools.EOE: M/F/V/DTo apply, email your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.orgKEYWORDS: Broadband Specialist, Installer,
Technical Operations, Technician, Cable, Construction, Labor,
Telecom, Internet, Install, Home Security, Xtream, Fiber, Copper,
production, assembly, delivery, security
Keywords: Mediacom, Champaign , Network Installer, Professions , Paxton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!