Risk Management Analyst
Posted on: May 16, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO The Risk Management Analyst will have
responsibility for maintaining and advancing First Busey
Corporation's Third-Party Relationship and Business Continuity
programs in a manner that supports a growing financial institution.
The Risk Management Analyst will coordinate certain risk-related
activities and reporting for these programs at an
- Plays a key role in the Second Line of Defense by identifying
the Company's risk exposure to internal and external threats that
may impact its ability to operate resulting from the use outsourced
third-party relationships and/or business continuity
- Performs due diligence analysis for prospective third-party
relationships and on-going monitoring analysis of existing
third-party relationships to provide risk-based reporting on
program compliance, third-party/product profiles, high-risk
- Partners with Business Leaders across the enterprise to update
and maintain business continuity plans, outlining resumption and
recovery methods for all operations throughout the Company,
including disaster recovery strategies.
- Creates and implements a risk-based schedule of exercises and
assessments to test the effectiveness and resiliency of business
- Works closely with all Business Leaders to ensure gaps in the
business continuity program identified through tests, exercises,
assessments are reported, documented, and tracked through
- Develops, analyzes and presents audience-appropriate risk
reports to Business Leaders, Executive Management, Committees and
Boards that illustrate the Company's third-party and business
continuity risk profile and highlight key risk areas.
- Works closely with the Lines of Business and the Technology
Division to ensure the Company's outsourcing and resiliency risks
are appropriately managed. WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Ethics/Integrity - Respects and maintains confidentiality;
unwaveringly consistent and principled.
- Analytical Skills - Brings quantitative and analytical skills
to effectively challenge the First Line of Defense and identifies
specific risk issues as well as trends and patterns. Works with an
orientation toward detail.
- Problem Solving Skills - Commits to action, even in uncertain
situations, by making sound and timely decisions necessary to
maintain forward progress. Is discerning and applies situational
knowledge to determine appropriate action or escalation.
- Process Management Orientation - Maintains standardized,
repeatable processes that are efficient and effective, while not
being routinized, and keeps an eye on continuous improvement
opportunities, utilizing automation whenever possible.
- Planning and Organizing - Developing, implementing, evaluating,
and adjusting project plans to reach goals, while ensuring the
optimal use of resources. A natural self-starter with persistence,
initiative and a high-energy level work ethic.
- Effective Communication - Communicating ideas and information
verbally and in writing to ensure that information and messages are
understood and have the desired impact.
- Fostering Innovation - Develops, sponsors, or supports the
introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or
- Effective Collaborator - Builds rapport easily; effectively
gains trust through demonstrated ability to bring value to
processes by respectfully and thoughtfully challenging concepts
and/or established norms. WHY IT MATTERS The ability to outsource
technology to enhance customers' experiences along with improving
internal capabilities creates benefits to the organization overall.
However, outsourcing risks must be carefully managed, as these
risks, along with other more naturally occurring risks, can create
operational and resiliency challenges that must be anticipated and
planned for. When a Company can successfully identify its
outsourcing and resiliency risk exposures across all business
operations, it can determine how to direct resources to
appropriately manage and mitigate that risk. EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Requires a Bachelor's degree with a Business Discipline
- 5-7 years' work experience, preferably in a financial
institution or large organization; experience in accounting,
auditing or information technology preferable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience developing and managing cross-functional projects
- Ability to implement new company-wide programs and new software
solutions Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our
teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to
recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse
candidate pool. Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for
Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic
information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status,
military status, veterans status, citizenship status, disability,
order of protection or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law or other non-merit based factors.
Keywords: Busey, Champaign , Risk Management Analyst, Professions , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!