SYGMA - Field Account Manager
Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: June 24, 2022
US3090 Sygma Illinois, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
The Field Account Manager acts as a service-focused representative
on behalf of The SYGMA Network within an assigned territory.
Maintains contacts and relationships with SYGMA Customers and works
with Distribution Center Management to ensure the highest level of
Customer Service. Assists in the profitable marketing of products
and value-added services to our customers. Frequent travel by
automobile and some air travel required. Maintaining Sysco's
mandated minimum of insurance is required.
- Build and maintain customer relations through personal contact
and telephone calls.
- Provide customer-focused distribution and value-added services
to customers in compliance with their requirements and within the
- Meet with key customers and perform business reviews as
- Enhance sales by ensuring account penetration through
customer's complete participation in full line purchasing.
- Strengthen and build relationships with Customers, Franchise
Owners, and DC (distribution center) Personnel.
- Respond to customer concerns with corrective action and resolve
issues with a sense of urgency.
- Foster "proactive" communication to Customers regarding
delivery delays or product outage situations.
- Provide access to and train Customers on The SYGMA Network
- Present to large groups and conduct startup meetings with new
- Keep informed on new products and other general information of
interest to the Customer (i.e. promotions and inventory).
- Maintain detailed and constant communications with all
department heads in regards to Customer activities and product
- Proactively monitor service levels of the Company through
weekly tracking and work with the respective departments to
maintain service levels and continued improvement.
- Check on competitive activity and keeps SYGMA Management
- Practice good fiscal responsibility by the departmental
- Any other duties assigned by SYGMA Management.
- Keeps accurate records and makes reports on all phases of
- Conduct online order entry training (CYGNET) as needed.
- A High school diploma is required
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct customer account management
- 5-10 years of customer service focused management experience or
foodservice sales experience is preferred
- Experience building customer relationships in the food
distribution industry will be considered as an alternative to
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make good
- Ability to resolve issues with a sense of urgency
- Well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office skills
- Work is primarily sedentary
- Product delivery may require lifting to 50 lbs
- Ability to read text that is close and at a distance with or
- Frequent travel by automobile and some air travel required
- PC, office equipment, automobile
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registrations
- Drivers license,
- Must maintain SYSCO minimum vehicular insurance
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Champaign , SYGMA - Field Account Manager, Professions , Danville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!