EMT/PRN (Emergency Medical Technician)
Company: Harrison Steel Castings Co.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionHarrison Steel is looking for Emergency Medical
Technicians (EMTs) to work part-time in its first aid office. The
first aid office is responsible for treating all medical and injury
complaints that occur on company property.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Provides medical treatment to employees should they become sick
or injured on the job.
- Works as a member of the Plant Response Organization (PRO)
administering emergency medical to injured persons including
removing or assisting in the removal of victim from the scene of
accidents or catastrophe.
- Serves in the capacity of senior emergency medical technician,
determine the nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude
of to establish first aid procedures to be followed or need for
additional services, including ambulances, basing decisions on
statements of persons involved, examination of victim or victims,
and knowledge of emergency medical practices.
- Keeps records of all employees who receive medical treatment
both by first aid and outside medical facilities.
- Fills out appropriate accident reports for workman's
- Follows job work instructions and training matrix, where
- Performs post-accident and reasonable cause drug and alcohol
screens.Additional Duties:The first aid staff also fills in at the
main gate as security personnel. Duties include answering phone
calls and transferring calls to appropriate departments and
answering any questions when able; giving directions to the plant;
checking in trucks and guests to the plant; monitoring toxgard
alarms; monitoring fire alarms; tracking vehicles and phone calls;
keeping the main gate work area clean.Certificates and Licenses:
- Employee must possess a valid Emergency Medical Technician
certification or minimum First Responder/Fire fighter
certification. Also acceptable for position, EMT-A, B, P or I
certification or be able to secure said certification within twelve
months of the start date.
- CPR Level CNOTE: This is a PRN/part-time position to augment
our full-time EMT staff. 24/7 availability needed.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Harrison Steel Castings Co., Champaign , EMT/PRN (Emergency Medical Technician), Professions , Attica, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!