Supply Chain Associate
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Supply Chain Associate provides customer service and support to
Urbana campus and off-site locations by the timely distribution of
supplies and shipments needed for patient care. They are
responsible for unloading shipments from various vendors and
carriers, stocking product accurately, accurately receiving in
shipments in the system by visually verifying the contents of
shipments, and working with Purchasing to solve any shipment
discrepancies. This position is also responsible for distributing
supplies to and from patient care locations, ensuring appropriate
inventory levels on each nursing unit, and supporting the changing
patient care needs to support clinical operations.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
2 years Warehousing/Distribution - Operations-Warehousing
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Strong written and oral communication skills and command of the
English language. Ability to resolve problems effectively and work
with numbers. Strong attention to detail. Possess competence and
comfort using computers and effectively demonstrates ability to
work with others on the team which includes care providers.
Individuals should possess the ability to work in a fast paced,
flexible and physically challenging environment. Able to work
independently as needed and possess a willingness to strive for
- Performs daily inventory checks on the nursing floor storage
carts (PAR Carts).
- Maintains stock in a clean and orderly manner on the PAR
- Acts as a liaison between nursing units and Storeroom to ensure
supplies are delivered, replenished and stocked.
- Provides recommendations for additions/deletions to existing
inventory levels on the storage carts.
- Performs accurate data entry into the MMIS system.
- Receives, inspects and unpacks all incoming truck freight and
cross reference packing slips.
- Assists in the flow of supplies by notifying buyers of actual
or potential shortages of supplies.
- Stocks storeroom shelves and ensures shelves remain neat and
- Checks inventory for product outdates and/or expirations.
- Stages product correctly for internal and external
- Delivers supplies and shipments to all areas within the Urbana
- Rotates stock using the FIFO process and ensure the oldest
product goes out first in bin locations within Storeroom and on all
- Collaborates with Inventory Coordinator and Supervisor to
ensure warehouse remains organized and safe.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Champaign , Supply Chain Associate, Professions , Danville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!