Chicago (University Park), IL Director of Transportation
Company: DOT FOODS
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Overview:Location: Chicago (University Park), IL Department: Transportation/DTI Reports To: Distribution Center General ManagerYour Role: Directs and coordinates all transportation activities out of the Chicago (University Park), IL distribution center. Responsible for developing and maintaining processes in order to accomplish company goals in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Addresses all vendor and customer (both internal and external) challenges.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and manages all personnel in University Park, IL DTI related to managers, dispatch, and drivers.
- Works with the HR Manager in safety opportunities, Workers Compensation, benefits, discipline, and quality training for all DTI employees.
- Contains costs through effective routing of customer orders and management of inbound freight by the dispatching staff.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all DTI employees, as well as, compliance with all OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Prepares and performs budget responsibilities for capital, target, operating and payroll budgets for the transportation area of the distribution center.
- Focuses on the distribution center DTI service levels, miles per cwt, turnover, and safety frequency rate.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts while applying lean thinking and tools to eliminate waste.Role Specifics:
- Supervision Transportation Managers, Driver Supervisors, Garage Manager, and Dispatch staff.
- Travel Approx. 5-6 nights per year. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train for training or meetings.QualificationsWe Need You To Have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent Dot Foods experience.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills, experience in using Microsoft Office programs/ applications.
- Experience and/or education with transportation management.We d Like You To Have:
- Master s degree.
- Familiarity with sales, truck and trailer maintenance, Human Resources, warehousing, and distribution.
- Ability to motivate and work well with others.What Can Dot Offer You?As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 57 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunitiesSafety: This position assume responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
Keywords: DOT FOODS, Champaign , Chicago (University Park), IL Director of Transportation, Professions , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!