Posted on: May 16, 2022
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY - Sales ConsultantResponsible and
accountable for ensuring success in achieving business growth in
Bedloft.com and EcoMax segments through consultative sales in a
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONBedloft.com provides products (bed lofts,
futons, compact appliances, etc.) to college students living in
on-campus housing. Some of our products are rental items, and some
are purchased by the student. We have been in business since 1989
and are a leader in the college rental business. We are continuing
to seek growth in this market segment through long-term partnership
with colleges and universities who fit our business model.
In 2016, we launched our line of EcoMax Multipliance products
(combination refrigerator/freezer/microwave). These products are
used internally in our Bedloft.com rental programs, and we also
sell/lease them directly to universities for placement in residence
hall rooms. The sale/lease of EcoMax products is our fastest
growing market segment.
We are a fairly small and nimble company who thrives on adapting to
market needs and presenting solutions that are meaningful and
affordable to our university partners. Our team works closely
together and approaches business from a very collaborative
viewpoint. Every voice matters and everyone has opportunity for
input in our direction on both a daily and long-term, strategic
level. -PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Possess the internal drive to stay focused and be successful in
an industry with long-term sales cycles
- 2-5 years in territory sales (inside/outside sales)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of student residential housing is a plus
- Superior communication, presentation and closing skills
- Strong skills for professionally written correspondence
-REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICSThe following characteristics are
necessary to thrive in this work and our organization:
- Practice assertive communication - within our team and with
- Commit to achieving your goals, and don't accept failure.
- Utilize a collaborative/consultative approach in customer
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude and demeanor when
dealing with all customers and co-workers.
- Have extremely high integrity and ethical/moral standards which
are evident in your work and working relationships.
- Approach work with a "team first" mentality.
- Expect success - for yourself and the company. - -GENERAL
- Utilize a consultative approach to generate new revenue
opportunities - within the Bedloft.com and EcoMax market
- Put focused attention and effort toward meeting yearly sales
revenue and margin objectives.
- Focus on industry networking that drives sales, including
attending professional meetings in territory to maximize networking
- Attend all weekly sales team meetings.
- Collaborate with sales team in ensuring the success of events,
tradeshows, and product training.
- Demonstrate understanding of the entire product line unique
sales approaches for our products and market.
TRAVELOur business is dependent on partnerships with colleges and
universities nationwide, so travel will occasionally be a necessary
part of the job.
REPORTINGThis position reports to the Director of Sales.
COMPENSATIONThe pay structure for this position will include a base
salary, plus commission. Starting salary will be commensurate with
skills and experience. Commission is based on achievement of sales
goals. -In addition to the compensation mentioned above, we provide
insurance (health, vision, life & long-term disability), paid leave
(vacation, holidays & sick time) and a Simple IRA retirement
program (similar to a 401K). -
Keywords: Bedloft.com, Champaign , Sales Consultant, Sales , Champaign, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!